TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
WHAT IS TBM?Technology Business Management (TBM) provides a standard way to categorize IT costs, technologies, resources, applications, and services, and informs data
EMPOWERING CIOsThe TBM framework is a powerful tool to further enable FITARA implementation and help the government benchmark IT spending, improve acquisitions, and better understand IT investment costs. Increasing IT cost transparency and integrating data from different sources - budget, acquisition, finance, IT, the TBM’s taxonomy creates a standardized way to categorize funds so organizations can make better sense of their IT data. The taxonomy provides three views into IT spending which frame how data can be used to support different aspects of an agency’s mission:
- Finance view: basic overview of an organization’s IT spending to help with budget formulation and execution
- IT view: shows effectiveness of IT spending within a specific function to support investment decisions
- Business view: holistic view of agency IT spending, tailored to the needs of senior executives, to help them understand how IT supports the mission.
- Standardized IT budget data: standardized cost models give agencies the ability to benchmark costs, prove the business value of IT investments, and track trends over time.
- Transparency: standardized measurement tools help IT leaders optimize costs and get the best value for their IT dollar.
- Better communication: standardization provides a common starting point for cross
- agency collaboration around shared challenges.
- Improved efficiencies: A common framework to benchmark IT infrastructure costs across agencies highlights successful IT investments and fosters replication of best practices.
Help Wanted: Increase the Effectiveness of your Tax Dollar!
June 18, 2018
The Time to Modernize Government Payroll Systems is Now
May 31, 2018
Release of the Federal Cybersecurity Risk Determination Report and Action Plan to the President of the United States
May 30, 2018
IT Modernization Update
May 30, 2018
NewPay Pre-Solicitation Notice Release
May 18, 2018
Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Agencies through Improved Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM)
May 4, 2018