Earlier today, we announced that $100 million of the Technology Modernization Fund (TMF) will be designated to help streamline and improve public-facing digital services and technology systems to deliver a better customer experience to the American people. All Federal agencies and High-Impact Service Providers (HISPs), which serve the largest percentage of people, conduct the greatest volume of transactions annually, and have an outsized impact on the lives of the individuals they serve, are eligible to apply for this funding. The effort will help to deliver on the commitments outlined in both the President’s Executive Order on Improving Customer Experience and the second priority of the President’s Management Agenda, focused on delivering an excellent, equitable, and secure Federal services and customer experience.
We are looking for projects that:
- are grounded in existing customer research and data,
- cut across agencies and systems,
- address immediate security gaps,
- improve the public’s ability to access and manage government services,
- have technology teams and systems capable of rapidly designing, prototyping and deploying modern digital tools and systems based on human-centered design methodologies, and
- are supported and empowered by you – their senior leaders – to do this work.
To learn more,
- Visit the TMF website at https://tmf.cio.gov/cx for the latest information,
- Take a look at this guidance and one-page overview for potential projects
- Launch an Expression of Interest form to help determine early in the process if an agency proposal is a good fit for a TMF investment
**All projects must include key customer and agency outcomes that can be measured to ensure TMF investments are solving real customer pain points and business inefficiencies.**
The American people deserve a government that puts people at the center of everything it does, and – with this designation – we have a unique opportunity to meet this expectation and improve the customer experience of the Federal workforce and those it serves.
We strongly encourage agencies that provide public-facing information, benefits, services, and programs to apply for this funding by Monday, August 1st for expedited consideration, or by September 30th for consideration on a rolling basis.
For questions, please review the TMF website at https://tmf.cio.gov/ or reach out to: